[TYPO3-english] References to TMENU's not working

Krue Mel timhertweck at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 14:44:33 CEST 2014

Hi!

I recently discovered that it is not possible to use references to TMENU's in Typo3 CMS 6.2.4.

I'm trying to reuse a TMENU which is defined like this:

lib.navigationMenu.stdItem = TMENU
lib.navigationMenu.stdItem {
	wrap = <ul>|</ul>
	NO = 1
	NO.wrapItemAndSub = <li>|</li>
	ACT = 1
	ACT.wrapItemAndSub = <li class="active">|</li>
	CUR = 1
	CUR.wrapItemAndSub = <li class="current">|</li>
}

I'm want to reference this object inside a HMENU:

lib.navigationMenu.level_0 =< lib.navigationMenu.stdMenu
lib.navigationMenu.level_0.10 {
	entryLevel = 0
	1 =< lib.navigationMenu.stdItem
	1.wrap >
}

But this is not working, no menu is shown.

If I replace the reference operator with the copy operator like this:

lib.navigationMenu.level_0 =< lib.navigationMenu.stdMenu
lib.navigationMenu.level_0.10 {
	entryLevel = 0
	1 < lib.navigationMenu.stdItem
	1.wrap >
}

It will work as it should. I would expect a reference to work there. Does Typo3 handle a reference to a TMENU differently?

Kind regards,

Kruemel