[TYPO3-english] FE Plugin rendered empty

Jennifer Koenig jenka13all at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 16:27:26 CEST 2014

I've posted this on the German forum as well under the same title. Pretty much, I've been trying for 3 days to get a simple frontend plugin working in a new installation of Typo3 6.2. Here are the relevant details:

VendorName = LAL
Extension = PackageBuilder
Plugin = PackageList
Controller = Package
Action = list

And here's the code:

fileadmin/templates/ts/setup.ts
# ...
#plugins

lib.packagePlugin = USER

lib.packagePlugin {
    userFunc = TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Core\Bootstrap->run

    vendorName = LAL
    pluginName = PackageList
    extensionName = PackageBuilder

    #switchableControllerActions.Package.1 = list
    controller = Package
    action = list

    switchableControllerActions {
        Package {
            1 = list
        }
    }

    settings =< plugin.tx_packagebuilder.settings
    persistence =< plugin.tx_packagebuilder.persistence
    view =< plugin.tx_packagebuilder.view
}

typo3conf/ext/package_builder/ext_localconf.php

/** Plugin configuration */
\TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Utility\ExtensionUtility::configurePlugin(
    'LAL'. $_EXTKEY, 'PackageList',
    array('Package' => 'list'),
    array('Package' => 'list')
);

typo3conf/ext/package_builder/ext_tables.php

/** Plugin registration */
    \TYPO3\CMS\Extbase\Utility\ExtensionUtility::registerPlugin(
    $_EXTKEY, 'PackageList', 'Travel Packages List'
);

/** TCA mapping, configuration */

\TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\ExtensionManagementUtility::addStaticFile($_EXTKEY, 'Configuration/TypoScript', 'Package Builder');

typo3conf/ext/package_builder/Configuration/TypoScript/setup.txt

plugin.tx_packagebuilder {
    persistence {
        storagePid = {$plugin.tx_packagebuilder.persistence.storagePid}
    }

    view {
        templateRootPath = {$plugin.tx_packagebuilder.view.templateRootPath}
        partialRootPath = {$plugin.tx_packagebuilder.view.partialRootPath}
        layoutRootPath = {$plugin.tx_packagebuilder.view.layoutRootPath}
    }
}

typo3conf/ext/package_builder/Configuration/TypoScript/constants.txt

plugin.tx_packagebuilder {
    view {
        templateRootPath = EXT:package_builder/Resources/Private/Templates/
        partialRootPath = EXT:package_builder/Resources/Private/Partials/
        layoutRootPath = EXT:package_builder/Resources/Private/Layouts/
    }

    persistence {
        storagePid = 11,0
    }
}

My PackageController has of course a listAction() method, which for now just tries to put static text out to the view (Resources/Private/Templates/Package/List.html).  The controller does not seem to be called, however, as some dev-logging I put in there does not get run.

The plugin is selectable in the backend as a content element. However, when the page with this plugin is called on the frontend, the plugin will simply not render. Looking at the source code, I see this:

<!-- CONTENT ELEMENT, uid:11/list [begin] -->
<!-- Plugin inserted: [begin] -->

<!-- Plugin inserted: [end] -->
<!-- CONTENT ELEMENT, uid:11/list [end] -->

The plugin is rendered empty. There is no error or warning in any kind of log. Of course, I've cleared the cache more times that I can count.

Does anyone have an idea about what the problem could be? I'm all out of ideas and getting ready to start pulling out my hair, instead. Thanks. :)