[TYPO3-english] Be_users in Extbase and their listing in FE, good idea?

Jan Bednarik info at bednarik.org
Sun Apr 27 09:55:06 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I have an extbase extension that's sort of database of various records
and I need to capture who created those records and display then in FE
and also list all editors there too with list of what they have created.

So I'm thinking to use be_users for that. That way I'd not have to care
about managing the relation or map be_users to a table for editors. But,
listing all those users (except admins) may not really be a good idea.
But as long as I don't show their usernames (and passwords), it may not
be such a big deal.

I tried to create a model entity extending be_users in Extension
Builder, but it wasn't working right. I guess I will need to do that
manually. Is it possible to have Extbase resolve relations to be_users
over cruser column?

Any thoughts on how to approach it the best way?

Thanks

Jan