[TYPO3-english] Be_users in Extbase and their listing in FE, good idea?

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Sun Apr 27 10:54:47 CEST 2014

Hi Jan,

Jan Bednarik wrote:

> I tried to create a model entity extending be_users in Extension
> Builder, but it wasn't working right. I guess I will need to do that
> manually. Is it possible to have Extbase resolve relations to be_users
> over cruser column?

For a working model, have a look at the BE users extension. However I
suggest that you copy the classes, because the beusers extension is not
(directly) part of the API.
Make sure that you create valid relations in the TCA. Otherwise extbase does
not know anything about the relations.

> Any thoughts on how to approach it the best way

I would create a new FE-editor role (or checkbox) for the backend users and
limit display to those users.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!