[TYPO3-english] How to add a line break with wrapItemAndSub ?

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Tue Apr 22 08:41:44 CEST 2014

Am 21.04.14 00:03, schrieb Jean-Claude Jouffre:
> Hello Bernd,
>
> Thank you very much for your answer, but as I am quite a beginner in
> typoscript, I didn't achieve my goal.
>
> If I replace, at the 1rst level, the line :
> wrapItemAndSub = <li id="L1">|</li>
> by your's :
> wrapItemAndSub (
> |

> )
> I obtain the line breaks but, of course, no more <li id="L1">.

that's not my code. as the html-tags are missing I suppose you need to
search for the code.
in this way as I read it from you nothing more can be expected, as a
whitespace-trim would remove the whole wrap.

I will try to show my proposal in a way no html-tags can be removed as I
replace < and > with their html-representation:

NO {
   wrapItemAndSub (
&lt;li id="L1"&gt;|&lt;/li&gt;&lt;!--
--&gt;
)

using the multiline assignment in TYPO3 (that with parentheses instead
of equal sign)
I start the line with with your previous wrap (li-tags). then I add a
HTML-comment which includes the linebreak. after that I end the
assingment with a closing parentheses in a new line.
as there must be one non-white-space character on the line after the
linebreak and that in the page nothing shoud be visible. the only
possibility I know is a html-comment.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html