[TYPO3-english] Grid elements: Identification with alias?

Christian Weiske christian.weiske at netresearch.de
Fri Sep 27 08:22:50 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'd like to use grid elements[1] but see an issue with multiple TYPO3
instances: The only way to identify them in the frontend TypoScript is
via their UID.
UIDs are very impractical when deploying the elements from
the test system onto staging or production, when multiple people design
provide layouts - UIDs change then and can't be kept in sync across
all systems.

So my question: Is there a way to identify the grid elements in
TypoScript without relying on UID, e.g. through an alias?

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-gridelements

--
Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian Weiske

-= Geeking around in the name of science since 1982 =-