[TYPO3-english] Different ordering of localized records from original

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Wed Sep 11 14:59:47 CEST 2013

Am 11.09.13 14:54, schrieb bernd wilke:
> Am 11.09.13 14:42, schrieb Viktor Livakivskyi:
>> Hi, List.
>>
>> I wonder, if there is a possibility out-of-the box to allow localized
>> records have different order, than original ones?
>>
>> Let's say I have products in EN:
>> product 1
>> product 2
>> product 3
>>
>> But I'd like to set different order for DE:
>> product 2
>> product 1
>> product 3
>>
>> Is it possible or I need to write custom BE module for this purpose only?
>
> normaly this is possible: you have to deactivate the "localization view"
> and each record can be moved around individually.
>
> in "localization view" you always move only the records in default
> language (and translated records are shown just behind the
> default-language record).

PS:
the order of translated records may not be visible in FE as the records
may be fetched with this alorithm:
1. get records in default language (and order)
2. replace each record with its translation
3. show records in FE
which stayed with the order of the default language

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html