[TYPO3-english] blog_example - cannot create new blog

Cory Taylor cory_taylor at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 30 21:26:01 CET 2013

Hi,
Total newb here trying out typo3 with extbase.   I am working with the blog_example and have some of it working but on the Create new blog page  I notice that there are no administrators in the drop down box and when I submit a  new blog I get this error:

Oops, an error occured!

transformToObject() accepts only numeric values and arrays.

I'm guessing I have to get some admins appearing in the drop box first - how can I do that or is there some other problem?

The pages that list blogs and that allow comments to be made are working.

I am using Typo3 version 4.5.30 and the blog_example v 1.3.0.

Thanks!