[TYPO3-english] Conditional use of comments on certain tt_news records

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sat Oct 19 10:20:42 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 18-10-2013 22:52, Scotty C wrote:
> I have successfully implemented tt_news, socialnetwork, and comments
> for a client so that they have their own full-featured news system
> .... but that's not good enough. Now, they want to turn comments on
> for certain records and off for others.

I assume that you use the extension "comments" [1] for this. If that is
the case there is an extension "comments_ic" [2] which implements just
that feature. It adds two fields to a tt_news record, one lets you
disable comments for that news item, the other lets you set a datetime
when commenting will be disabled.

I haven't tried it and although it seems quite old the code looks like
it should still work. Worth a try :-)

[1] http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/comments
[2] http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/comments_ic

--