[TYPO3-english] Conditional use of comments on certain tt_news records

Scotty C superscotty19 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 18 22:52:42 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

I have successfully implemented tt_news, socialnetwork, and comments for a client so that they have their own full-featured news system .... but that's not good enough. Now, they want to turn comments on for certain records and off for others. I tried to explain that they're in a dynamic record-driven system (the same one that they love because they don't have to re-enter content) but logic has no bearing here.

So, I'm throwing this out there on the off-chance that anybody else has encountered such an impossible situation and may offer advice on how to solve it. Your feedback is, as always, greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Scott.