[TYPO3-english] How to pass a parameter through a whole TYPO3 site in 4.5 respecting caching?

Jan Kornblum jan.kornblum at gmx.de
Thu Nov 28 17:38:06 CET 2013

Hi Stephen,

> noCache is not needed to pass the vars around from pages and sites. just
> having the variables in linkVars is enough.
>
> I think there must be something about your setup because to get languages to
> work linkVars needs to have L in it, and that used to work on my old 4.5
> install without setting noCache.

I think i didn't explain it correctly: Yes, of course linkVars works
with "L" without setting noCache ;)

But any custom additional param set in linkVars will only work with
setting noCache.

> Bit L is also a special var for TYPO3, maybe it is handled differently
> internally?

Yes, i think "L" is handled differently by the core. Otherwise i can't
explain the bahaviour to me.

Kind regards, Jan