[TYPO3-english] How to pass a parameter through a whole TYPO3 site in 4.5 respecting caching?

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Fri Nov 29 08:56:50 CET 2013

Am 28.11.13 15:39, schrieb Stephen Bungert:
> I use 4.6.x
>
> noCache is not needed to pass the vars around from pages and sites. just
> having the variables in linkVars is enough.

not really

> I think there must be something about your setup because to get languages to
> work linkVars needs to have L in it, and that used to work on my old 4.5
> install without setting noCache.
>
> Bit L is also a special var for TYPO3, maybe it is handled differently
> internally?

not internally, but the typical usage is another:
1. for L somewhere is a TS-Condition.
each (combination of) TS-Condition means an extra cache-variant, so a
page is cached for each identified occurence of L

2. in these caches the L is consistent always the same (it is the one
the condition identifies)

3. on pages without a matching TS-Config, any value of L is cached in
all links. This is the reason for strange occurences of L=http://....
(google for 'typo3 straneg l parameter' and you will find multiple
requests.) they are injected and cached. cached until google indexed
them and they never will be removed.

in the same way will be the std-cache (no condition about the additional
param) be injected with any value of this additional parameter if you
include the param in linkVars without individual Cache by TS-condition

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html