[TYPO3-english] Extbase handler for Ajax calls in BE and FE

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Nov 25 07:46:01 CET 2013

Hi Jan,

> But in BE, how can i call an Extbase action here when using AjaxID /
> ajax.php? There is a good documentation about using Ajax in BE in
> general [2], but it contains no hints regarding Extbase.

Beware old links:
http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/CoreApiReference/JavaScript/Ajax/Index.html

;-)

> I've also read about ExtDirect [3], but i have no idea at all if this
> should be used in this context?

ExtDirect is better documented here:

http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/CoreApiReference/JavaScript/UsingExtjs/ExtDirect/Index.html

The advantage of ExtDirect is that you can directly map JS methods to
PHP methods. But ExtJS is rather a pain to work with.

Also ExtDirect is supposed to work in the FE, but I never managed to
make it work, and the knowledge seems lost to the community.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch