[TYPO3-english] Re: Frontend pages show 404 error, viewing in the backend works fine

Jennifer Koenig jenka13all at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 17:14:15 CET 2013

Here's the answer to my problem, which I was able to find after hours of Googling:

In the file "default" under "etc/apache2/sites_available", the tags for the web docroot direction need to include "AllowOveride All", like so:

	<Directory /var/www/>
		AllowOverride All
		Order allow,deny
		allow from all
	</Directory>

It all works now but is super slow - is something wrong with my APC (Alternative PHP Cache) configuration?

Hope this helps other people with the same problem!!