[TYPO3-english] page.bgImg.import not working on root page

Muriel le Pair typo3 at strangefruit.nl
Fri Nov 8 15:30:06 CET 2013

Hi,

Again I'm experiencing a very strange bug in TYPO3 version 6.1.5.

I would like to add a dynamic background image to a page, if no image
has been added to the page it should look for up the root tree.

For this I use the following code:

page.bgImg {
   treatIdAsReference = 1

   import {
     data = levelmedia: -1,slide
     listNum = 0
     override.field = media
   }
}

This will add a background-image to the body tag.
The strange thing is that it works on all pages except the root page. On
this page the code is simply not visible in the source.

So somehow the import function is not working on the root page. If I
hard code the path to the image it works. So something like:
page.bgImg = fileadmin/myimage.jpg

What am I missing?

--
kind regards,