[TYPO3-english] what is the right way to include css files in typo3 v4.5 with extbase

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Mon Nov 4 22:57:49 CET 2013

Hi Calgacus,

Calgacus map Brude wrote:

> "includeCSS and includeJS"
>
> Thanks,
> That seems interesting but very involved, I think  I would first need to
> understand alot about using typoscript in setup.  For instance the example
> references fileadmin rather than Resources/Public.  Is fileadmin supposed
> to be a directory inside my extension?  On my system it is not.

Fileadmin is the default path for editor uploaded files (it is the default
storage).

You can reference any file with typoscript.

I suggest that you skim through the Getting Started Tutorial [1] before you
continue to work on your extension. That way, you will have a better
understanding of the general workings of TYPO3.

You should also have a look at the Extbase book [2]

[1] http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/GettingStartedTutorial/
[2] http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/ExtbaseFluidBook/

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!