[TYPO3-english] Calendar for upcoming events - order of events on frontend

Peter Kühnlein peter at function2form.net
Sun Nov 3 19:25:27 CET 2013

Am 03.11.2013 18:00, schrieb xiaoji zhang:
> Dear Peter,
> I need your further advice, I have got the extension Calendar base
> The screen shot: http://imgur.com/XZYm2ba
>
> Can you explain a bit from where I can set
> "plugin.tx_cal_controller.view.list.order to either asc or
> desc"plugin.tx_cal_controller.view.list.order to either asc or desc" ?
> I have looked on this page everywhere, I haven't found where there is
> the possibility to set this up. It will be great if you can let me
> know a bit more how this works, I haven't got training on typo3, but I
> need to update the website, it is really stressful and I am very much
> afraid of making things wrong and damage the website. I think with
> your help, I am going closer to the solution.
>
> Thank you a million in advance,
> Kind regards,
>
> Xiaoji

Hi Xiaoji,

I assume you know in which page the plugin is located that generates the
output you want to change. So go there in page view, and see which kind
of output is generated (year, month, list etc.). Then switch to template
view, go to your template page (I assume you got one root template where
the configuration for cal is done), and go on info/modify. Open the
setup area. Find plugin.tx_cal_controller - probably followed by an
opening curly bracket. This is where the configuration is done.
Here is part of a configuration I am using, to give you an idea of what
to look for:

plugin.tx_cal_controller {
   view.year.yearTemplate = fileadmin/html/year.tmpl
   view.allowedViews = month,day,list
   view.list.dontShowOldEvents = 1
   view.list.dateFormatList=%d.%m.%Y
   calendarName = Teilemärkte
   calendar = 1
   eventLinkTarget = event
   eventViewPid = 74
   dateConfig.dayPosition = 0
   dateConfig.monthPosition = 1
   dateConfig.yearPosition = 2
}

There is a huge number of possible entries there (mine are just an
example), and values can differ of course. Somewhere in this area you
can add, say, view.list.order = desc if your plugin gives you a list and
you want a descending order. But you need to read the manual! That's
important! You will understand more clearly which options you have and
what they do. Especially the cal extension is very complex and has tons
of options - so it's not easy to configure. But on the positive side:
once you got that and understand how it works, you can configure
practically every other extension as well.

Cheers,
Peter

--

http://function2form.net
http://peter-kuehnlein.net

"Practice in letter writing goes to the extend of taking care in even one-line letters."
(Hagakure)