[TYPO3-english] em_mirrorListURL Option is not considered

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue May 14 12:08:14 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 14-5-2013 10:43, Sacha Vorbeck wrote:
> a search for string "em_mirrorListURL" reveals:
>
> TYPO3 6.0.5: ./t3lib/stddb/DefaultConfiguration.php
> TYPO3 6.1.0: ./typo3/sysext/core/Configuration/DefaultConfiguration.php
>
> so the old configuration options are still there but they are not used
> anywhere in the code.

They've been left behind during the development of the Extension Manager
and should be removed. Can you make a patch for that? If not, please
report an issue for this.

> IMHO the ext-repository mirror URL is something that usually is defined
> globally and not differently for every single site. That`s why I would
> suggest that something like em_mirrorListURL should be activated again
> and if set overrides the local
> module.tx_extensionmanager.settings.repositoryUid option.

The situation is different for many different agencies or users of TYPO3.
Anyway, we shouldn't have different settings for the same thing,
especially if they are old settings that can't work anymore.

The new settings can be easily applied in multiple installations if you
make a small extension which contains the extra repository record and
the TypoScript setting to use that repository record.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!