[TYPO3-english] JS + Fluid + Flash messages

Sergio Catalá scatala.enet at gmail.com
Fri May 10 15:57:10 CEST 2013

Hi list,

I'm integrating the flash messages with a JS library (Pines notify) in
my website and I need to make calls to a certain JS function every time
there is a flash message.

For that purpose, I create a plugin whose result is displayed in a
certain region of the page. This plugin assigns to "flashMessages"
variable all flash messages in my queue:

$this->view->assign('flashMessages',
$this->controllerContext->getFlashMessageContainer()->getAllMessagesAndFlush());

The problem comes with my fluid template because I need to make JS calls
like this:

$.pnotify({
     text: {flashMessage.message},
     type: 'success'
});

inside my for structure:

<f:if condition="{flashMessages}">
     <f:then>
         <f:for each="{flashMessages}" as="flashMessage"
iteration="iterator">
         </f:for>
     </f:then>
</f:if>

What would you recommend me? Some threads say using JS inline and "CDATA
wrappers", others say using external JS.

How would you implement this?

Thanks in advance,
Sergio