[TYPO3-english] Changing icon for pages and sysfolders

Morten Kjems mortenkjems at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 12:58:45 CET 2013

Hi

I am trying to change the icon for pages and sysfolders by modifying
extTables.php

I can add the label and icon to the list "Contains Plugin" that are used
to set the icon. I do that with this snippet:

$TCA['pages']['columns']['module']['config']['items'][] =
array('mytype', 'mytype', '../fileadmin/images/pageicons/mytype.png');

That works and the icon and the label "mytype" shows up in the list.

Now according to a snippet I found, I should be able to display the icon
in the pagetree with this snippet:

$ICON_TYPES['fastspring']['icon'] =
'../fileadmin/images/pageicons/mytype.png';

But after clearing cache and reloading the pagetree nothing happens.

Anyone know how to do this right?

Typo3 version 4.7.0

Thanks

/Morten