[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 6.x caches and performance best practices for productive site

Domi djgarms at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 12:07:18 CET 2013

Hi Steffen

> Would you mind uploading the cachegrind file somewhere (btw. the XHProf
> file would be like 1000 times smaller ;-))
Here the links from my XHProf, thanks for looking at it:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4117055/typo3cachegrind/xhprof/513072cc2bea0.typo3
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4117055/typo3cachegrind/xhprof/513072d20fc59.typo3
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4117055/typo3cachegrind/xhprof/513072da0875b.typo3
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4117055/typo3cachegrind/xhprof/513072da61176.typo3
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4117055/typo3cachegrind/xhprof/513072e8b2be7.typo3
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4117055/typo3cachegrind/xhprof/513072ea2461d.typo3
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4117055/typo3cachegrind/xhprof/513072eb9970a.typo3

> typolink is a very bad function in terms of SQL queries, but there are
> two improvements:
>
> In 6.0, the rootline cache is back.

What does it means exactly? I will have a multidomain setup with:
www.domain.de
www.domain.com
I still haven't done the proper setup for rewriting the urls, curently
its still
www.domain.de
www.domain.de/en/

> For 6.1, I contributed a sys_domain (runtime) cache, which prevents
> couple of queries in case of config.typolinkEnableLinksAcrossDomains
> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/24389
> Once RealURL is using that, another big amount of redundant queries can
> be saved.
> You might want to backport this, if you have lots of queries to
> sys_rootline.
I can use 6.1 actually, I wouldn't mind. Tried it couple of days ago in
my installation because of a frustrating extbase multilanguage bug.

What would you recommend to improve the caching for typolink, currently
I am not using
config.typolinkCheckRootline=1
config.typolinkEnableLinksAcrossDomains = 1

Regards,
Dominic