[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 6.x caches and performance best practices for productive site

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Sat Mar 2 14:52:37 CET 2013

Hi Domi,

sorry.. this mail got weird.. looks like not all runs are the same type
request of request, but they don't seem to be all the same

The first dumps look like a lot of the time is spent for TS parsing.

What I find astonishing are the ~1000 calls to
idna_convert::utf8_to_ucs4. This are the top-most non-native function,
called by TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\GeneralUtility::isValidUrl

Are you using an international domain name (just for curiosity)?
Otherwise we could try to reduce the calls to this function.
isValidUrl() costs >10% of your request time.
By briefly looking at the call hierarchy, these calls originate from
concatenating CSS and JS files. Have you tried disabling these? You
could give EXT:scriptmerger a try, which does some things better than
the core routines.

Looking at the aggregate (supply
run=513072cc2bea0,513072d20fc59,513072da0875b,513072da61176,513072e8b2be7,513072ea2461d,513072eb9970a
as GET parameter) identifies mysql_query is pretty often called, mostly
cause by realurl.

Sorry, it's had to look at the statistics without knowing some details
of the runs and the setup.

I can recommend you setting up http://xhprof.io, when you make that
publicly available, I can have a look again.

Kind regards
Steffen

- --
Steffen Gebert
TYPO3 Server Administration Team Member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

I work for TYPO3 solely in my spare time. If you think that
my work helps you running your business, you are invited to
send me a donation via PayPal to this email address. Thanks