[TYPO3-english] CLOSED - Re: Major background issues

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Fri Jun 14 14:49:13 CEST 2013

> combining this with the new options in the installtool about
> server-requirements to verify that TYPO3 will run after installation and
> the 123-Install-wizard we might get a script usable for everyone to get
> TYPO3 to run without programming knowledge.

But if the problem during a local(!) install is: "I don't know the
database password and where to get it", it does not help too much, since
this would have been the case for almost any other software, that
requires you to have a database server up and running.

So IMHO this is not a problem of TYPO3 itself, while the thing with the
MD5 hash is. Although it could be kind of "generated" by just trying to
login with the password and then copying the hash out of the error
message  - but of course this is not the recommended way to do it ;-)

I followed this thread for a while and my advice in this case would be:
Try to get a hoster who offers preinstalled TYPO3 packages and start
using TYPO3 there instead of trying to install it on your local machine.
- There are even offers with a free testing phase, so it would not even
cost you anything.

Just my 2 cents

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian