[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 6.2 which Extensions will still work?

Muriel le Pair typo3 at strangefruit.nl
Mon Jun 10 15:49:55 CEST 2013

Hi Georg,

On 10-06-13 14:56, Georg Ringer wrote:
> Those extensions might be important to parts of your installations but
> certainly not for everybody.

That same argument will apply to at least 50% of the core functionality.
Yet I can't remember ever building a site without a news like system or
the need for real url's.

> Besides just having something as sysext
> isn't a solution at all as it requires Active Contributors having deep
> knowledge in those extensions which I doubt is the case.

True.

> Furtheremore the code quality of those extensions is quite poor - maybe
> this is also the reason why it is so hard that someone wants to take
> over as maintainer.

But that's exactly my point. TYPO3 works great as long you can stick to
the core, but as soon as you need a third party extension it immediately
becomes tricky due to the poor quality of a lot of them. Therefore
important extensions like news, realurl, a mail system etc should be
part of the core.

--
kind regards,

Muriel le Pair