[TYPO3-english] How to view php code of a page

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sat Jul 27 11:56:59 CEST 2013

On 14-7-2013 15:54, Andrey Vasilyev wrote:
> Say I have a form with submit action "index.php?id=8". And I would
> like to check what php code is in the page with id 8, so I could
> debug strange behaviour. Is it at all possible?

In theory it should be possible to go over all the code, but this is
quite a huge task and with some knowledge you can narrow your search
down to a few scripts.

The general structure of TYPO3 is described in [1]. More details can be
found in [2].

In your specific case there can be two areas where you could debug:

- an extension made the form and will handle the submitted data
If this is the case you can look which plugin is placed on that page
(either as content element or in TypoScript) and look in the code of
that extension.
The extension is called in context of the entire TYPO3 core, but handles
the data on its own.

- a TYPO3 core form is present on that page
there are few form generating system extensions:
  * the core mail form
  * the new mail form system extension
  * the frontend login form from the felogin system extension
  * the search form from the core search
  * the search form from the indexed search system extension
  * ...

If you tell a bit more about what is on that page then people can help
you to narrow down your search to just a few scripts.

[1] http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/InsideTypo3Reference/
[2] http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/CoreApiReference/

--
Jigal van Hemert