[TYPO3-english] Typoscript non-latin characters not saving

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Jul 24 09:47:28 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 24-7-2013 3:48, David Cumberbeach wrote:
> Does TYPO3 support utf-8 or non-latin characters in typoscript?

Yes!

> Using TYPO3 4.7.12

Just tested on 4.7.13, added "ῷﻒﬡṏЮ慦挏뜊ﬗﴣ" to TS (I think this covers
large parts of the unicode set). It was visible in the editor after
saving and visible in the frontend output.

> I have the database character set & collation as UTF-8 unicode.
> localconf.php has the following
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['setDBinit'] = 'SET NAMES utf8;'.chr(10).'SET
> SESSION character_set_server=utf8;';

SET NAMES utf8; is enough. This sets all the necessary options to UTF-8.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!