[TYPO3-english] login function

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue Jul 16 10:47:03 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 15-7-2013 20:12, Andrey Vasilyev wrote:
> Can some one please point me to the function in TYPO3 API that is
> being called when some tries to login. I've been searching the API
> but couldn't find it... May be I'm looking in a wrong place...

There is no simple answer to that. I assume that you talk about frontend
login. For such a login TYPO3 CMS uses authentication services. These
are called in order of priority and each service can tell TYPO3 that the
user is authenticated, or the user is not authenticated but another
service can try, or the user is not authenticated and no other service
should try.

http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/Typo3ServicesReference/

Contains a lot of information about services. There are a couple of
authentication services in TER which you can use as example to create
your own.

If this was not what you were looking for, please explain what you want
to achieve. You will probably be pointed in the right direction.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!