[TYPO3-english] Translation Problem with Snowbabel Extension

Daniel Alder dalder at snowflake.ch
Thu Jan 31 14:34:04 CET 2013

Snowbabel is not touching original labels in extensions. So it's not
created for edit the default-Language.

It is using the "l10n"-mecanism from TYPO3. So xml or xliff files will
be created in
typo3conf/l10n/{langKey}/{myext}/../{langKey}.locallang.xml for example.

But your Problem is located here: http://forge.typo3.org/issues/42084

Since typo3 always change 'en' to 'default' files in typo3conf/l10n/en/
will not work anymore. As long as this issue is not solved in typo3
core, the system will not recognize your 'en' translations in
typo3conf/l10n/

in the meantime use Typoscript or overwrite the whole translation file
with a hook.