[TYPO3-english] problem with cache

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue Jan 22 16:36:28 CET 2013

On 22-1-2013 15:30, Ralf-Rene Schröder wrote:
> Am 22.01.2013 14:17, schrieb Stephen Bungert:
>> Yes I believe the cache is created for each user,
> no, it's by usergroup

Cache is based on:
- TypoScript template (the included templates and conditions taken into
consideration)
- id
- type
- FE user group list
- mountpoint
- cHash variables
- domain start page

Also, if you're logged in in the backend the frontend won't cache much
for you.
If you want to make use of the browser cache or a caching proxy, setting
config.sendCacheHeaders = 1 will also help a lot (it will take the cache
times you set in the page properties and other settings into consideration).

Studying the cache headers in your browser can help a lot in
understanding what happens and why.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member