[TYPO3-english] Where to put setup and constant definitions?

Peter Kühnlein peter at function2form.net
Tue Jan 15 17:04:31 CET 2013

Am 15.01.2013 16:26, schrieb Philipp Gampe:
> Hi Benoit,
>
> Benoit Montereau wrote:
>
>> Does exist a better method? Is the new one better regarding performance?
> Moving the TS templates to files was do for versioning reasons. I am not
> sure about performance, but I think the database records a slightly (but
> unnoticeable) faster.
Hi Philipp & Benoit,

afaik, there is no difference in performance. The TS is cached anyway -
that's why you have to clear caches when making changes to a TS stored
in files. I prefer that method these days - just remember to protect
your TS in the .htaccess

Regards, Peter

--

http://function2form.net
http://peter-kuehnlein.net

"[W]hen I think about the day's affairs after going to bed, there is never a day when I do not make a blunder in speaking or in some activity."
(Hagakure)