[TYPO3-english] Where to put setup and constant definitions?

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Tue Jan 15 16:26:48 CET 2013

Hi Benoit,

Benoit Montereau wrote:

> Does exist a better method? Is the new one better regarding performance?

Moving the TS templates to files was do for versioning reasons. I am not
sure about performance, but I think the database records a slightly (but
unnoticeable) faster.

> By the way, could someone let me know if all the extensions compatible
> with 4.7 should be rewrote for 6.0?

This is up to the extension authors. Most extensions will still work with
TYPO3 6.0 due to the compatibility layer.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!