[TYPO3-english] Multiple Languages in 6.0

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sun Jan 6 12:15:38 CET 2013

Hi,

On 5-1-2013 6:01, Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
> Even if I use &L=2 it does not show the German translated page.

My guess would be that the TypoScript configuration isn't correct yet.

http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/FrontendLocalizationGuide/BasicSetupOfALocalizedWebsite/TyposcriptConfiguration/Index.html

The sys_language_uid is the ID of the language record you created in the
root of the page tree. The tooltip on the icon in the List module will
show you the ID number.

With the conditions in your TypoScript you can connect the L=x values to
the sys_language_uid, the language key for the locallang labels (the
translations you donwloaded with the Languages module), the locale (used
for displaying dates in a certain language, etcetera; this locale
setting must have the name of the locale which is installed in the
operating system) and the metaCharset (you can leave that one out to use
the recommended setting of utf-8).

If the TypoScript is stored in files and if you edit those files with
your own editor you must clear the configuration cache in the backend
(the lightning arrow in the top bar > select "Configuration cache").

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!