[TYPO3-english] Multiple Languages in 6.0

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Sat Jan 5 06:01:09 CET 2013

On 01/04/2013 08:06 PM, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 3-1-2013 6:16, Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
>> I use the introduction package, which has already multi-language
>> installed.
>> Selecting Language in the far left pan and then tick the language
>> German, click on Update languages will spin the wheel and "update the
>> languages"
>> It even reports Languages updated.
>>
>> However, nothing changed!
>
> This module manages and downloads packages with translated labels for
> the core and extensions. If you downloaded the German package you can
> for example set the backend language (in the User settings) to German,
> and messages/labels from extensions (which are present in the
> translation server and which have labels translated in the selected
> language) can be output in German (in frontend and backend).
>
> It has nothing to do with setting up in which language you can make
> content elements.
>
> More information about configuration for content languages can be
> found in the Frontend Localization Guide [1]
>
> [1] http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/FrontendLocalizationGuide/

Thanks your help I can now add the alternate page, the translations, but
it will not be available. Even if I use &L=2 it does not show the German
translated page.
I still have the Dansk page in that Introduction package and I cannot
find any difference between this page / objects and the translation I made.

I cleared the cache, I shift-reload the page.

What could still be the problem?

--
Ing. Ronald Wiplinger (@ ELMIT - Taiwan)      Skype (voice only): Ronald
http://elmit.com                                       http://elmit.info