[TYPO3-english] huge amount of queries to tx_extbase_cache_object table

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Sat Jan 5 21:27:52 CET 2013

Hi.

Am 04.01.2013 22:50, schrieb Duchesnes Grégory - Ilomedia:
> To my great surprise i have more than 200 queries to the tx_extbase_cache_object table every time i load a page, it seems insane to me (and my server too). I use TYPO 4.5.

Try to use apc as caching backend instead of Db for tx_extbase_cache_object:
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['caching']['cacheConfigurations']['tx_extbase_cache_object']['backend']
= 't3lib_cache_backend_ApcBackend';

In 4.5 you possibly have to turn on the caching framework if not yet done:
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['useCachingFramework'] = true
(should be removed in >= 4.6)

Do not use apc as caching backend if you work in shared hosting
environments:
http://wiki.typo3.org/Caching_framework#t3lib_cache_backend_ApcBackend

To be honest, I can't remember if I truly have proved the performance
impact myself. And I forgot where this suggestion came from.

--
cheers,
Steffen

TYPO3 Blog: http://www.t3node.com/