[TYPO3-english] Realurl for subdirectory Typo3 installation without showing subdirectory name in Domain url

Dr. Christoph Hermann hermann at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Jan 2 11:02:56 CET 2013

Am Samstag, 29. Dezember 2012, 16:26:51 schrieb Markus Klein:

Hi,

> I fear your wish is not really possible with TYPO3.
> If I got your question right you want something like:
> - folder of TYPO3 is http://example.com/cms/
> - URL to call should be http://example.com/
> - Still other web apps should be reachable via http://example.com/app.php
>
> I know that Wordpress has this feature, but unfortunately this is not so
> easy (impossible?) with TYPO3. Maybe it works with some tricks of realurl,
> absRefPrefix and mod_rewrite, but some extensions may still fail.

I did this once by creating a few links.

So typo3 is installed in document_root/mydir and i have the following links:
fileadmin -> mydir/fileadmin/
index.php -> mydir/index.php
t3lib -> typo3_src/t3lib/
typo3 -> mydir/typo3/
typo3_src -> mydir/typo3_src/
typo3conf -> mydir/typo3conf/
typo3temp -> mydir/typo3temp/
uploads -> mydir/uploads/
mydir/ (typo3 install dir)
.htaccess (all htaccess rules)

That's not a very clean solution, but it works just fine.
Of course you have to merge the .htaccess of your other applications, etc.

cheers
Christoph