[TYPO3-english] Custom Display for Record lists in Backend

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Mon Dec 16 15:02:30 CET 2013

Hi unknown,

First of all, it's custom on the TYPO3 mailing lists / newsgroups /
forums to use your real name.

On 15-12-2013 14:46, freetime coder wrote:
> I am trying to display data records of my extension in the backend. The
> default for records in list view is to only show the first property name
> as the name of the list as well as only display the first value. So if I
> have a record called coordinates, which has longitude, latitude and date
> for example, the list will show up as:
>
> longitude
> 0.12
> 12.123
> etc..
>
> I however want a custom way to display it, e.g:
>
> Entries
> (0.12,0.32) - 12.01.2013
> (12.123, 45) - 01.04.2012
>
> I have already done research on this topic and found a lot of
> configurations for TCA to create custom forms and such, but no way to
> acheive this behaviour.

In the TCA documentation you can find that you can set a few properties
for the "title" of a record:
- label : the name of a field to use as title. This might be set to
longitude in your current situation
- label_alt : a comma-separated list of field names which contain the
alternative values for the title
- label_alt_force : forces that the label_alt fields are always used for
the title
- label_userFunc : a function or method reference which can create
custom "titles" for records. There is an example in the TCA
documentation. You could use this setting to create any kind of "title"
constructions for your records in the WEB > List module (and other
places where the title of a record is used).

[1] http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TCAReference/Reference/Ctrl/Index.html

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor