[TYPO3-english] backend group linking outside its access range?

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Fri Dec 13 14:42:48 CET 2013

Am 13.12.13 12:10, schrieb Katja Lampela:
> Hi,
> I can't seem to put my mind round this:
>
> Large site and several edit groups. This one very restricted group can
> edit only one page, but they should be able to add links (in text) to
> other pages. So the TYPO3 browser should show the whole tree, but the
> site tree in backend only the one page they can edit.
>
> Is this possible?

yes, but you need some more configuration.
1. these editors need to see the tables they should pick records from. [1]
2. they need to see the pages, but are not allowed to edit/insert
anything to these pages. So you need to configure the page access like a
unix directory: this group should have read access but no write
access[2]. AND you need to get this BE-group a database mount for the
whole tree [3].

[1] http://www.typo3tutorials.com/index.php?id=175
[2] http://www.typo3tutorials.com/index.php?id=181
[3] http://www.typo3tutorials.com/index.php?id=178