[TYPO3-english] Bye-bye OpenOffice, welcome ReST

Peter Linzenkirchner liste at lisardo.de
Sat Aug 24 13:49:55 CEST 2013

Hello Xavier,

i installed the extension in a typo3 6.1 introduction package and was able to follow the steps in the video with the demo project (demo-sphinx). But when i try to write a documentation for one of my extensions i miss something:

The backend module "Sphinx Console" shows me only the directory fileadmin. Of course my extension is in /typo3conf/ext where i cannot select it. How it is meant to work with sphinx? Create a new project in fileadmin, edit the file and compile them, and copy the compiled files later into my extension?

--

I can use the backend module "Sphinx Dokumentation" but only in read mode. when i choose to interactive mode i can see the code, but the editor is not loading. I see only a html page with this content:

.. Editor configuration ................................................... * utf-8 with BOM as encoding * tab indent with 4 characters for code snippet. * optional: soft carriage return preferred. .. Includes roles, substitutions, ... .. include:: _IncludedDirectives.rst ================= Extension Name ================= :Extension name: Mini Event Calendar :Extension key: cal01 :Version: :Description: manuals covering TYPO3 extension "Mini Event Calendar" :Language: en :Author: Peter Linzenkirchner :Creation: 2013-06-13 :Generation: 14:44 :Licence: Open Content License available from `www.opencontent.org/opl.shtml <http://www.opencontent.org/opl.shtml>`_ The content of this document is related to TYPO3, a GNU/GPL CMS/Framework available from `www.typo3.org <http://www.typo3.org/>`_ **Table of Contents** .. toctree:: :maxdepth: 2 ProjectInformation UserManual AdministratorManual TyposcriptReference DeveloperCorner RestructuredtextHelp .. STILL TO ADD IN THIS DOCUMENT @todo: add section about how screenshots can be automated. Pointer to PhantomJS could be added. @todo: explain how documentation can be rendered locally and remotely. @todo: explain what files should be versionned and what not (_build, Makefile, conf.py, ...) .. include:: ../Readme.rst What does it do? ================= In this chapter should be given a brief overview of the extension. What does it do? What problem does it solve? Who is interested in this? Basically, this section includes everything people need to know to decide whether they should go on with this extension. .. figure:: Images/IntroductionPackage.png :width: 500px :alt: Introduction Package Introduction Package just after installation (caption of the image) How the Frontend of the Introduction Package looks like just after installation (legend of the image)

any ideas, whats going wrong here?

Thanks
Peter

--