[TYPO3-english] Bye-bye OpenOffice, welcome ReST

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Sat Aug 24 14:17:57 CEST 2013

Hello Peter,

> i installed the extension in a typo3 6.1 introduction package and was able to follow the steps in the video with the demo project (demo-sphinx). But when i try to write a documentation for one of my extensions i miss something:
>
> The backend module "Sphinx Console" shows me only the directory fileadmin. Of course my extension is in /typo3conf/ext where i cannot select it. How it is meant to work with sphinx? Create a new project in fileadmin, edit the file and compile them, and copy the compiled files later into my extension?

The module Sphinx Console is based on the Filelist module. As such one
way (that I did not test) would be to define another file storage record
(for FAL) at the root of your website (pid 0) with Web > List. This way
you would then see your extensions as well.

But I generally use the other module Help > Sphinx Documentation to work
on extension manuals.

> I can use the backend module "Sphinx Dokumentation" but only in read
> mode. when i choose to interactive mode i can see the code, but the
> editor is not loading. I see only a html page with this content: [...]

In fact! The editor is not loaded anymore:

http://rawgithub.com/ajaxorg/ace-builds/master/src-noconflict/ace.js

The requested URI has been blacklisted due to abuse.

I just created a ticket in bug tracker: http://forge.typo3.org/issues/51309

Thanks for reporting, will think about a solution.

Kind regards

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6