[TYPO3-english] realurl and alias_field with fallback if column is empty

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Aug 7 09:09:09 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 7-8-2013 1:49, Domi wrote:
> Is this feature missing in realurl? I thought I could use standard MySQL
> features, the COALESCE function would do exactly what I would need for.

COALESCE takes the first non-NULL value of the list. Both path_segment
and title are defined as tinytext in EXT:news. The value in your record
my be an empty string or NULL. If it's an empty string (which may very
well be the case if you emptied it) it's a non-NULL value and will be
returned by COALESCE().

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor