[TYPO3-english] realurl and alias_field with fallback if column is empty

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Aug 7 08:12:40 CEST 2013

Hi Domi,

> If I try this code, only the UID is getting renderd as path, not even
> the path_segment.

Hmm, actually my code contains one closing bracket too much. A copy &
paste error on my part. It was an extract taken from a longer expression.

> Is this feature missing in realurl? I thought I could use standard MySQL
> features, the COALESCE function would do exactly what I would need for.

It should be working really. I never used COALESCE, but I used other
functions and it works fine. You may have some other SQL syntax mistake.
I would advise you to activate SQL debugging
($TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['sqlDebug'] = '1';) and see if any error comes up.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch