[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 6.0.4 and PHP 5.3.3-7

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Apr 18 07:32:02 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 17-4-2013 18:41, Robert Wildling wrote:
> I am pretty sure, nobody posts here any questions without having googled
> it first. At least, it's just fair to assume that - and you should
> assume that, too.

Unfortunately that is an incorrect assumption. On countless occasions
I've seen questions such as "I get error ....., how can I solve this?"
and if you simply put the error message in a search engine the very
first result is the complete answer.

In many of those cases the result was a posting in one of the mailing
lists/newsgroups/forums; now with the forum interface on forum.typo3.org
it is even easier to search in the posting history.
When presented with the search results many even admitted that it was
easier to ask then to search in the first place.

Maybe you have a suggestion how to educate people without playing a
human interface to a search engine? A simple suggestion to search first
seems "rude".

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Core Team member