[TYPO3-english] Extbase: Relation to external class with prefilled select in TCA

Mikel lists at con-version.com
Mon Apr 8 19:50:51 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I have a relation to the table be_groups in my model. This relation is
an exclude field, so only visible for admins.

I want to store the owner for the objects an editor adds. Therefor I
have to predefine the value in the select to the uid of the backend
group of the logged in user. I guess that is possible, right?

'owner' => array(
             'exclude' => 1,
             'label' =>
'LLL:EXT:myext/Resources/Private/Language/locallang_db.xlf:tx_myext_domain_model_book.owner',
             'config' => array(
                 'type' => 'select',
                 'foreign_table' => 'be_groups',
                 'minitems' => 0,
                 'maxitems' => 1,
             ),
         ),

Otherwise the value won't be set if a new item is added and I don't know
the owner of it...

Help appreciated...

Mikel