[TYPO3-english] Realurl: Moving of pages

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Thu Sep 27 19:38:08 CEST 2012

Hi,

I guided a bigger client through the update to TYPO3 4.5. Additionally few other things were introduced, e.g. Caching Framework activation + a hand full of performance-related patches (one of them is a back-ported rootline cache from 6.0).

They're now experiencing a nasty behaviour, which did not happen with 4.4:

* Page A is created and shown in frontend
* Page A is renamed to page B
* A new page called A is created
* Links to that page lead to the old page A (now B) instead of the new one, because the realurl caches are not up to date.

I was not able to reproduce the problem in a local installation, but it's not the first time that I see such a behaviour. Does anybody know the reason, why this is happening and how it can be circumvented?

Thanks
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert
TYPO3 v4 Core Team Member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

I work for TYPO3 solely in my spare time. If you think that
my work helps you running your business, you are invited to
send me a donation via PayPal to this email address. Thanks