[TYPO3-english] A TYPO3 quick start package...

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Mon Sep 24 10:05:46 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 24-9-2012 7:36, Andi wrote:
> Why you use now EXTJs actually as I thought Jquery got included? Is
> there a reason why not jquery is used -  only question of interest as
> we like sencha touch which is easy to combine with extjs

jQuery can be loaded, but there are is no alternative for Extdirect
(easy communication with server) yet included.

In 6.1 work on replacing the old prototype/scriptaculous stuff will
continue and then this part will become available. Maybe some Javascript
genius likes to replace some ExtJS code with jQuery too in the next version?

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!