[TYPO3-english] A TYPO3 quick start package...

Andi cocopapa at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 04:02:48 CEST 2012

Philipp

Pleaae read the post of Dmitry Kay and myself again. You can create nice sites with any templating but the way how customers can change things by themselves without being a programmer and without even knowing much about html and css is simply NOT easy to accomplish with standard or also fluid templating until now. The frustration is not coming from the way how you want to satisfy your customers but from the fact that since years we have exactly the same discussions and exactly the same answers from core.

Like already said templavoila is a MAJOR templating engine in TYPO3 since 2002 actually I would say usable since 2004!

This means 8 intensive years of templating with templavoila. 8 years in which webempowered chuch grew as a big fundation aswell as AOE Media for templavoila.

Since over 8 years there are developers which until now not even have tried TV! but complain.

The framework for templavoila is some kind of mixture between standard TYPOscript Templating and the flexibility of TV. It is a combination of the best of two worlds you could say IMHO As kay already said the xml performance can very easily be boosted with some more RAM. As servers have now 32 and even more GB Ram for affordable prices this is really no issue anymore.

Until 8 years standard Enthusiasts try to reinventing the wheel to demonstrate the same usability and flexibility with standard methods as we have since 8 years already with TemplaVoila. Until now none of them was able to produce or promote something which is simply comparable to templavoila or even better the framwework for templavoila or much much better a mobile responsive modern framework in html5 with the minimum um the already existing usability, flexibility, easyness, a availabikity of lots of templates and a working from scratch starter package with free example GNU Code as the busynoggin or the wec- starter packages including an understandable step by step documentation for newbiees of course - sorry but that's it what it is - it IS not existing and it will not exist even in future as the focus of the standard templating people is more on dependecy of the customers, than all the others which try to enable the customers to do as much as possible by them selves.

Inspire to share!

How long should people interested in a usability focussed editor and designer friendly CMS still wait?

Probably it will never be as flexible and as user, editor and designer friendly as Templavoila is alteady since 8 years.

In 8 years TemplaVoila grew up to be innovative too in comparison with any otherCMS.

Yes it is a pitty that TV has not more Devs in the core team but the reason is probably that TV is used by many non programmers Designers and Editors and has been programed by geniusses which inherutet the inspire to share idea.

I hope that next week there will be a working templavoila and realurl version available in TER as if the fix is SOOO easy like described than people would only need access to the extensions as Dmitry already wrote to apply those fixes and perhaps even more features and improvements for TV and realurl.

Burocracy is often like a brake and much to often blocking innovations.

As far as I can see it the whole discussion would be obsolete in following very simple steps:

1. modify improve core
2. new feature freeze - Beta and inform major extension devs like TV and realurl
3. give them time and knowhow manpower to apply the easy changes as you said
4. release beta 1 - now all other extension devs can start in both templating worlds to apply their changes too.
5. release beta versions
as those are now working for ALL TYPO3 users devs agencies you will have even more great feedback to the beta core and the extension devs to their versions. Ideal to built a stable release candidate which needs only small fixings
6. release the stable version as really stable version and not as yellow lemon version like since 4.1!! which needs lots of changes again just after it has been released.

Make TYPO3 again as stable as with 3.6.1 or the 3.7.

This simple way would use the real power of TYPO3 and will be build on the feedback of the whole TYPO3 Community.

To follow these steps is actually the job IMHO of a release manager.

Andi

Sent from Andi's iPhone