[TYPO3-english] 4.7 or 4.5

Jan Bednarik info at bednarik.org
Sat Sep 1 17:39:14 CEST 2012

Hey,

I'm still using 4.5 because of its LTS. I'd hate to have to update every
half a year every TYPO3 installation I have.

However, a client now wants to use 4.7. They run 4.2 website and want to
upgrade. I've already done 4.2 -> 4.5 upgrade and it was quite OK. I
assume I'll have to upgrade from 4.2 to 4.5 and then 4.7.

Anyway, what I'm afraid of most is the compatibility of extensions.
Since I'm not really familiar with 4.7, has there been a huge change in
extension API? Meaning, will all 4.5 exts work in 4.7 too?

These are some of the extensions the website uses:

sr_feuser_register
mm_forum
comments
tt_news
kb_eventboard

Some of these extensions hasn't been updated since 2011, so I wonder
whether they are 4.7 compatible and didn't need any upgrade or their
creators just gave up on them.

Thanks for advice

Jan