[TYPO3-english] 4.7 or 4.5

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sat Sep 1 17:48:10 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 1-9-2012 17:39, Jan Bednarik wrote:
> Anyway, what I'm afraid of most is the compatibility of extensions.
> Since I'm not really familiar with 4.7, has there been a huge change in
> extension API? Meaning, will all 4.5 exts work in 4.7 too?

The deprecation policy is that deprecated features are removed two
versions later. This exactly matches the gap between 4.5 and 4.7 :-)

If you enable the deprecation log for a while on this installation you
should have an overview of everything that will be broken in 4.7.

Then you can check if extensions were recently updated to be compatible
with 4.7.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member