[TYPO3-english] Fluidtemplate and TemplaVoila

Thomas Skierlo pubtsk1 at pix-pro.eu
Tue Oct 30 12:27:21 CET 2012

Hi Tolleiv

> Hi,
>
> that's only partly possible - the TemplaVoila page module depends on
> existing page templates so you'd have to provide those to use the page
> module and to maintain the FCEs. The frontend-rendering of FCEs could
> work standalone.

I know what you mean. I could live with the two page modules, but could
the editors too?

> Is Fluid really justifying that double work?

No, not really. The only part of all new technologies I tried with kind
of success was Fluidtemplate for the page template. In combination with
BE Layout (the one from core) it even might be more intuitive than the
TV mappings. When it comes to FCE all this (not so) new stuff like
Extbase, gridelements a.s.o. is rather disillusioning. You know and I
know that there might be a TV for 6.x, but there will never be any for
Neos. All people like me who want to be prepared for the day to come are
forced back on the ground after month of struggling without success.

It's good to know that many good things from Neos will be back-ported to
TYPO3. Why not replace all that (in my very personal opinion) useless
Extbase-stuff by a decent way of handling "multiple content" and
"sections". This must not necessarily be the TV way, at least if there
is any other (better) way, preferrably with static file usage. Without
core based multicontent handling you are either 100% dependant on TV, or
you loose FCE functionallity, or versioning, or localization, or your
"market" - or all of your nerves.

Keep up your good work!

Cheers,

Thomas