[TYPO3-english] worried about 4.x (6.x)

Andi cocopapa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 18:49:01 CEST 2012

helping out is fine but only working partly as extensions often depend on other extensions and most of them depend on the core.

If the core would have been released with a working TV integration than also we - developers from extensios based on TV could continue to get things done. But what actually happened was that the coe changes excluded templavoila and all stuff depending on TV, which means a major part of TYPO3 websites and the customers behind those websites.

They are not at all happy that TV isn't working at all in 6.0.

The major problem causing over and over again those huge community problems is that there are decisions made by a few peoplewhich announce things ad hoc at snow board tours, dev days or now t3con without even wanting to make a democratic decision of the community.

see the discussion about green.

People are not happy with those Single opinion decisions. If there would at least some kind of democracy in the T3 leasership than there would have been a poll or even a survey where everyone can take his time to contribute.

The same is with TemplaVoila.
You yourself pointed out lots of very good points why TV is the future at least for the next years of TYPO3

Forget about Neos. It took doubled time to bring it half way where it actually should be. One reason why we have now version jumping.

Neos is nothing more than a none working example of TYPO3. Sure there are good ideas and perhaps in another 5 years we try using it. Until than it is a playground for people who do not want to satisfy TYPO3 customers and who have enough time to waste for.

Like said already other CMS seem to simply overroll TYPO3. Since major former TYPO3 companies contribute lits of TYPO3 knowhow to Drupal it is really getting more and more usable and even better than TYPO3 - as long as you compare it with the standard or extbase fluid templating way. The big difference is still The flexibility and usability of TemplaVoila which leaves drupal far far behind. Drupal will need another 5 years too to get there where TYPO3 with TemplaVoila is already now.

Cutting out the TemplaVoila Motor is simply the worst marketing strategy at all.

Especially if you will see what is coming up in the Framework for TemplaVoila Version 2 and extensions which enhance the framework. It will blow away other CMS. But as said it depends on TV and TV depends on the core ;-)

Sent from Andi's iPhone